HostsLouis and Andrew
When a modern video game is released, it’s pretty much guaranteed to offer some form of additional paid content beyond the initial purchase. That makes some people mad. Others don’t mind. What do you think?
In this episode, Louis and Andrew embark on a civilized debate over the merits and pitfalls of video game microtransactions and paid DLC. Listen in and talk to your speaker as we explore this hot topic of the industry.
Here’s some links to things we talk about in this episode:
- Destiny‘s Eververse Trading Company Will Bring Microtransactions To The Game
- All 16 pieces of free DLC for The Witcher 3 are now available
- Payday 2’s Microtransaction Nightmare Just Got Worse
- South Park – Freemium Isn’t Free
- You can spend $99.99 on Assassin’s Creed Unity’s new in-game currency
- Team Mathias
In addition, as we mentioned at the beginning of the episode, Boldly Going Somewhere is participating in Extra Life this year! Click below to access our page and help us save sick children!
As always, you can subscribe to the podcast using the following services:
Please let us know what you thought of this episode! Leave a comment below, visit our Facebook page, or reach out to us on Twitter. We’re also happy to hear your suggestions for future topics or feedback on how we can improveFinally, if you enjoyed this episode we'd be eternally grateful if you shared it with your friends. Just use the links at the top of the post.